RSS

Week 2: Blog post 3

I was so impressed with Mohamed's blog post about holographic imagery as well as the future of 3D that it made me remember some of the things I was originally thinking about when I started this program.

I have always wondered why Education seems to be the last to pick up technology in fact I was so shocked this week to walk into a classroom FILLED with MAC computers.. and the teacher told me she has been begging the county to get them hooked up for the past 3 years.. but, they refuse.. "not sure of the technology yet".  So MACs sit unused.. and soon to be outdated.  WHY??

Augmented Reality would be so amazing to use for primary documents as well as artifacts in museums... if the student can't come to the museum.. no reason why the museum can't come to them.

Here is a short video clip of what Universal Studios did this year to open and launch their new Harry Potter World.





Enjoy.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

jbb said...

I am so tired of hearing about this crap where an educator, usually with at least a master's degree and years in the field, has to beg to a bunch of IT bit-twiddlers with little more than "A-plus" certification to connect their damn machines because of some dinosaur-era understanding of what macs do on networks. I'm serious. We do have a very good relationship with Apple. Maybe we need to know a little more about which schools and which districts are under-serving their communities and teachers and maybe they need a visit from an Apple Engineer to find out what the problem is so that some of this technology potential can be freed up. I'm serious. Feel free to drop me a line on this one (jbustillos@fullsail.com). I'm tired of hearing teachers begging for fish and getting stones.

Post a Comment