RSS

Week 1: Blog post 2

The Art of Possibility:
I am an avid reader, I love all books. Books about love and romance, mystery and history.  I enjoy cookbooks and self help books and everything in between.  What I do not care for it.  DIGITAL BOOKS. I know, I know I should really get a Kindle and unlock that door. But, I am one of those gals that still love the smell of a book, I love to touch the pages and feel the tangible paper while I read.  I need to update my librarything.org bookshelf to add my Full Sail books but, you can take a peak at my bookshelf:







So when I found out our books this month were in the digital form.. I CRINGED.  But, I found I enjoyed the book and was able to actually enjoy the book (plus like the highlight and note-making tool) .

I liked the quote: "It's all invented anyway so we might as well invent the story or a framework that enhances our quality of life and those around us".  Love this.. I have always believed this but life tends to happen and the dreams we have sometimes get moved to the back burner. But, it is about pulling the dreams out of the closet, dusting them off and invent the opportunities by moving forward.


"What I treasure most in life is being able to dream. During my most difficult moments and complex situations I have been able to dream of a more beautiful future"
-Rigoberta Menchu' Tum, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
"What I treasure most in life is being able to dream. During my most difficult moments and complex situations I have been able to dream of a more beautiful future."
– Rigoberta Menchú Tum, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Athurzo said...

Allison,

Have to agree with you on digital textbooks. I too must state that I will always prefer a book and that I think nothing is better than that new book smell. While I am not a huge fan of the digital reader for laptops or desktops, I have in fact used a kindle and enjoyed it.

I am the type of person who prefers the portability of books and feel that a kindle allows for this, while using our laptops doesn't really. I wish we had the opportunity to go all digital texts for the course and a kindle was provided! That would have been excellent and far superior than reading off of the laptop screen.

jbb said...

I so agree with your trepidation about the digital books. I love the idea. My problem is that the books I've been looking for are not available in digital form. What's up with that? And what is up with books "expiring" after a year? What? Grrh. Okay, gotta save it for my own blog... There's a lot good about the concept (especially as far as getting the best voices out there, not only the most popular) but there's a lot already going wrong.

Post a Comment